To glean a better understanding of the expertise being drawn on to resolve your challenges, below is a quick list of the programs and initiatives we have worked with.
BC Treasury Board Staff
- Preparation of the “Estimates” consolidated provincial budget and plan. Vote descriptions, appendices, reconciliation of capital/operating/debt/financing.
- Analyst Team Lead responsible for all finance and back office ministries
- Senior Advisor on the Olympic capital construction portfolio, co-lead on the $600m Olympic budget
- Senior Advisor on the Olympic License Plates with ICBC
- Senior Advisor on the BC Housing East Side Hotel acquisition program with BC Housing and Provincial Treasury
- Executive Director Crown Agency budget & strategic service planning – Reviewed, revised and presented the Service Plans and Financial Plans for BC Lotteries, BC Liquor, ICBC, and Tourism to Treasury Board.
- Director Police Services – Divisional Controller working with RCMP E-Division contract, HR, Budgets, etc. Prepared TB submissions for new programs and equipment.
- Prepared TB submissions for the Networks outsourcing procurement and subsequent status updates
- Province lead on cross government outsourcing opportunity identification, consolidation and development initiatives
- Executive Director on the cross government committee of outsourced service provision contracts and maintained the corporate community of practice
- Executive Director on the development and refinement of procurement methodologies for large IT initiatives
- Executive Director providing expert financial advice at the negotiating table of several outsourcing agreements including contract development, TB submission development and follow ups.
- Executive Director leading the long-term outlook on the portfolio of outsourced agreements to manage the resources required to cope with multiple end-of-terms in a tight timeframe.
- Executive Director/Secretary the ADM executive steering committee across all deals with topics & challenges requiring resolutions common to many deals.
- ED/Controller – Prepared eight TB submissions including supporting Executive presentations and reports.
- ED/Controller – Prepared and maintained the Capital and Operating budgets, approximately $40m operating, $50m capital per year.
- ED/Controller – Multiple contract negotiations with Deloitte, Oracle, PWC, Salesforce, etc. and ancillary negotiations with other impacted vendors in other provincial service provision deals.
- ED/Controller – Developed, implemented and maintained all policy and processes around the contract including change requests, deliverables management, and ongoing relationship management.
- ED/Controller – Lead Finance team responsible for AP, Travel, Contract, Procurement, HR, IT, FOI/Privacy, Facilities, etc. for multi hundred million dollar IT project.
- Agriculture – Grants, Insurance Programs – worked in the implementation and running of the crop insurance and related grant programs for BC Farmers.
- Highways – Developed comprehensive audit documents for several major highway construction projects, reviewed contracts, worked with complex PPP structures and related financing
- Education – Administered the BC School funding model, data collection, edits to model, running of the primary and mid-term re-calculations, including targeted funding. Managed the provincial capital budget for school facilities including new project approval, bank account approval, spend tracking, forecasting, and linkages to district capital reserves,
- Finance – Led the capitalization accounting policy development and implementation in concert with PSAB direction and consultations with Treasury Board.